Thursday, January 22, 2015

SHINE OR WHINE



“I don’t want to be a Christian if they complain so much!” 

      As a member of the RI Air National Guard I was sent to Photography School in Denver Colorado. My first roommate was a “born again” believer.  She would read her bible and ask if she could read to me.  On occasion I let her.  
I did not understand any of it.  I desperately wanted to. 


  I was searching for the way to Heaven. 


      On more than one occasion my roommate, who attended a different class than me, would come back to our room complaining about the people in her class, complaining about school and complaining about life in general. 

 My desire to hear the word was cut short by her constant complaining.  


    Now,as a believer, God brought this person to my mind when I found myself complaining about life.


Conviction set in while doing my devotions.

 Philippians 2:14-16  “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.”
 

  Her light was dimmed by impatience, discontentment and a critical spirit and so was mine.


“Do I want to shine or whine?”  I asked myself.


I want to shine like a star and lead many to righteousness. 

  “Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. “Daniel 12:3.




     Just for fun I looked up star classifications.  I wanted to learn about the heavenly stars; after all God created them and nothing He does is without reason.

According to NASA   Stars are given classifications according to their surface temperature.  The classes are: O, B, A, F, G, K, and M.

 The O stars are the hottest and very rare and BRIGHT

M stars are numerous, cold but DIM.   

Our sun is somewhere in the middle. 

I gave my own classifications for stars to represent Christians Shine-ability.

O Star O= Obedient

Wow the brightest stars are very rare. 

 True obedience to Jesus is often rare.
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” Luke 11:28


M Star = Mediocre.

No one wants to be described as “mediocre” (low quality, value, ability, or performance)

  God despises mediocre, one that is all about ME ME ME Notice the word mediocre begins with ME! 

 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, " Phillipians 2:3


Image result for stop complaining  Complaining will snuff out your light immediately. 


As an unbeliever I was turned off to the gospel message because my roommate chose to whine and not shine.

I DON’T WANT TO WHINE……..

I CHOOSE TO SHINE



"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
When you feel the need to complain remember the

Promise God gave to His Children

ISAIAH 40:26-29

   " Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
    and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
    not one of them is missing
Why do you complain, Jacob?
    Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
    my cause is disregarded by my God”?
   Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
  He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak."

 


We are stars for the Lord shining His light into the dark world. Our goal is to glorify Him.
We have the awesome privilege to be used by God to Shine!


"For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6
Image result for shine for Jesus

LET'S LIGHT THE WORLD WITH OUR SHINE-ABILTY

Copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano

No comments:

Post a Comment