Wednesday, February 11, 2015

YOU ARE CHARISMATIC AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!

“Me Charismatic? Never! “
As a follower of Jesus I have learned;
.
 Never say Never.
Conservative is an accurate word to describe my beliefs.
The Lord used a Baptist Pastor to introduce me to Jesus Christ.
 I am indebted to those who invested time teaching me and giving me a firm foundation.

After I married, I began worshiping in a non- denominational church where people raised their hands. At that time, I believed that Charismatic meant speaking in tongues, raising your hands and jumping up and down.   In my eyes they were not in control, after all  God gave us a Spirit of self-control.
 My view would change.
 I heard the heartbeat of my thirteen week old child.    I had already had one miscarriage at ten weeks gestation so hearing the heartbeat of my second child was comforting and encouraging.   After the sonogram I met a friend at the I MAX theater.  During the movie I felt queasy and dizzy.   I attributed it to the fact that the screen was so big and I was not used to 3D movies.
 Stomach cramps would soon follow.  After a few days we said goodbye to another child.  I could not bear the pain.  I felt like I could not get out of my own way.  The pit was getting deeper and darker.
Church no longer gave me joy.   How could I face my friends, especially those who were pregnant?  How could I tell them I lost yet another child.
My husband was on the praise team and I was one of the leaders of the Women’s ministry so I felt that I had to be there.
 During the second service,  A few Sundays after my child went to be with Jesus, I was waiting for my husband.  The worship team was almost done and I was eager to get home and hide my head under my pillow.
I stood leaning against the wall in the back of the church.  Thoughts of my unborn child along with unanswered questions consumed me.  Why?  What could I have done better?   Am I too old to have a child?   As tears steamed down my face, I began listening to the music.  I found myself singing along.
Suddenly my hands shot up into the air.
 I looked around to see if anyone noticed me.   "Oh my! I am one of those charismatics’ now."
 I did not care anymore.   The Holy Spirit Himself threw my hands up in praise and worship to the Almighty God.    His love consumed me with such a warmth and power that I could not remain still.

worship backgrounds for powerpoint | Worship PowerPoint Template

“Lift your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord” Psalm  134:2

 Raising my hands was a manifestation of  freedom for me;
an intimate time of fellowship between me and my healer.

Never go by just experience. The Bible is the source of truth,
God showed me in Scripture, that I had been wrong in my thinking.
 Did you know that the root  word for , “charisma”, in the original Greek language, means the gift or gifts given to a believer by the Holy Spirit of God upon salvation?
That word is "charis or charisma"
Do you see why I love looking up the original words.
 When we operate in our gift we are being Charismatic.
 It has nothing to do with raising of the hands or jumping up and down like I thought.

Charismatic.
Romans 12:6 “We have different gifts (charisma), according to the grace given us. If a man's gift (charisma) is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith.”

1 Corinthians 1:7 “Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift (charisma) as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.”

1 Peter 4:10 “Each one should use whatever gift (charisma) he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.”

Yes, I am Charismatic, however it is not because I raise my hands.  I Praise God for showing me my ignorance.   May I continue to  learn how to use the Gifts that He gave me to minister to the body of Christ.
I desire to lead many to the Charismatic way of life.
Are you using the Gifts of the Holy Spirit that  God gave you at the moment of salvation?
Then raise your hands my Charismatic friend.

Find out about your Gifts.
http://www.spiritualgiftstest.com/test/adult


copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment