Thursday, April 30, 2015

FORGET WHERE YOU LIVE?

"I am so tired of moving"  I said to my son as we walked to the gym.
"I know mom; can we stay in this house forever?"
We took a few more steps;  a smile came to my lips as reality set in.
" Michael, this is not our forever home, our citizenship is in heaven."
"That's right mommy, I forgot!"
Do you forget where you ultimately live?
I find it so easy to get caught up in my earthly address; consumed with daily mundane tasks.

But our citizenship is in Heaven. and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20

I have been blessed to have a beautiful temporary home in Rhode Island. Although the winters can be harsh I thank God this house has so much sunlight provided by skylights.  Even on the dreariest day there is a glimmer of light.

 But Oh the glorious light we will see in our forever home.


"And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever." Revelation 22:5



My earthy home  has my wonderful pets. Two cats named Peach and Simone. I love all cats; especially lions. I long for the day that I will be able to hug one without worrying that I will be his lunch.


The wolf shall dwell with the lamb,

and the leopard shall lie down with the 
young goat,and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together;and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:6




My husband, son and sister share this earthly dwelling.  Sometimes there is strife, misunderstanding and chaos.  We all love each other and Jesus.  In Heaven we will all be together with our spiritual family; no tears, anger or infirmity.  We will be with the Prince of Peace.


‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4


I think of my friends in Togo, Africa who live in straw huts with dirt floors.

How much sweeter  heaven will be to them.
Now they walk on dirt. In Heaven they will stroll on streets of gold.


"and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." Revelation 21:21

I could go on and on. but I digress.

Although my earthly dwelling in comfortable and I am surrounding by loved ones,
nothing on earth can ever compare to our heavenly home.

As  my son and I continue our walk to the gym, I  thank God for our temporary home.  I praise Him for allowing me to be here to help further the kingdom.
 I still long for heaven where our bodies no longer need exercise, food or healing.   Worries with be exchanged for worship.  I will be face to face with my God; consumed by His love and light.
.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-3

Did you forget where you truly live?
No worries.  If Jesus is your Savior your  passport is stamped  HEAVEN. He is waiting to show you the mansion He prepared just for you.

"In my Father's house are many mansions:If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

Don't know your final destination?
At one time this sinner did not know.  God showed me that money or a change of address card is not needed. Jesus paid for everything with His loving sacrifice.  This free gift is available to you.
JUST CLICK HERE

copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano

No comments:

Post a Comment