Thursday, May 28, 2015

CONCEALED WEAPON?

"We put the school on lock down because of that toy" said the Hampton police officer as he stood in my living room.

We lived within a stones throw away from Winnacunnet High School in Hampton, NH.
  My son was 6 years old at the time and attended afternoon Kindergarten.  A bus would pick him up at the end of our street.
My son loved to play with toy guns.  One day,after much begging, I let him play with his toy pirate pistol at the bus stop until the bus arrived. 
The bus pulled up, I kissed his forehead, took the toy gun and proceeded home. High school lunch period had just begun. Students were driving out of the school parking lot located at the other end of our small street.
"I better hide this toy under my sweater so no one thinks it is a real pistol." I said to myself as I walked home.
Just as I hid the pirate gun under my sweater a car drove by  with teen girls.  The look on one girls face was utter horror. I shrugged it off.  I did not think she saw the toy. It was concealed.
I proceeded to my home where a wonderful lunch awaited; prepared by my husband.  All was well.
A knock at the door, there stood two of Hampton's finest.
"Have you seen someone carrying a gun?"
The toy gun was very similar to this one
My knees buckled and I almost burst into tears.
"That would be me, it was a toy, I am so sorry!" I couldn't get the words out fast enough.
The officers could see how upset I was.
The officer seemed to relax a bit.
"Yes, a young girl reported that there was a woman carrying what she thought was a gun toward the school. May we see it?"
I showed them the pirate gun and promised never to bring it to the bus stop again.
"We put the school on lock down because of that toy. Maybe you should not have tried to conceal it."
The officers left and I cried.
Lesson learned! 
Danger concealed should be revealed.
Even perceived danger.
Are you concealing anything?
 Unforgiveness?  Hatred? Adultery?  Premarital sex? Bitterness?
As I hid that toy under my sweater so that I would not alarm anyone and appear harmless, I have hidden sin from those around me; but not from my heavenly Father.
He sees all.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17

Hidden sin is dangerous, unlike a toy gun, it can shoot you in the foot.

I had concealed unforgiveness which manifested itself in anger and bitterness.  I had not been an angry person.  I could not understand what was making me so  angry. I prayed

Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

 Our great God, in love, showed me my sin.

I repented.  Through daily pray I put my heart on lock down from the lies and half truths of the evil one.  

If you have any concealed sin bring it into the light.

Christ died for that sin. 

"He (Jesus) is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

Propitiation means that God was satisfied with Jesus' death on the cross. Jesus paid the price for all sin.  


Concealed Sin is nothing to play around with!
There is freedom and healing in the light. 
Bring it to your Heavenly Father. He knew about that sin before you even committed it.
In Christ God sees you as righteous.
He will never shoot you down.
Read more about how God truly sees you 
click here


copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano


4 comments:

  1. Oh, it took me a long time to let my sin come into the light. It wasn't that I didn't acknowledge my wrongdoing, it's that I didn't think God wanted me with my baggage. Even after I accepted God's forgiveness, I needed to confess to my closest friends so they would truly know me and not the mask I'd been hiding behind. Oh what freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Cathy There is sin in me that God is still revealing. I am thankful that He does it slowly I don't think I could handle seeing it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I were just discussing the subject of how our choices effect others. Even when we think those choices are concealed. Great post. Thanks for visiting me today. Glad I stopped by to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I were just discussing the subject of how our choices effect others. Even when we think those choices are concealed. Great post. Thanks for visiting me today. Glad I stopped by to see you.

    ReplyDelete