Thursday, May 7, 2015

SEMI TRUCK SERMON

Image result for God speaksGod speaks to His people in many different ways. 
 He spoke to Moses through a burning bush.  
He spoke to Balaam through a donkey.

God has used visions and dreams to speak to His people.

"And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, “Jacob! Jacob!” “Here I am,” he replied." Genesis 46:2

Now, God mostly uses the Holy Spirit and His Word. 

"for the 
Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.”  Luke 12:12


Sometimes He has a moving way to get His point across.
My heart was constantly broken due to my co-dependent personality.  As a new believer God was healing my heart and cleansing me of my sin.  I was getting my identity from men. 
 No I was not sleeping around.  I was a good girl.  I just needed to find acceptance from men.  My biological father was abusive.  I could never please him no matter what I did.  

My void was filled by the love of God but it took time and tears.

God had to speak to me in a mighty way to get my attention. I was reading His Word and I thought I was listening to the Spirit.

  I had been dating a Christian man for a few years.  Everything seemed good on paper.  We both loved Jesus, we wanted to be missionaries and we served in the same ministry at Church. 

I was ignoring the red flags.  I was convinced that God wanted us together.  I tried to make it work.  After having my heart broken again I cried out to God.  "You have to hit me up side my head with a 2x4 because I want this relationship."  The end of the relationship meant that I was a failure. Again.

Several 2x4's later and a few swift kicks by loving friends I still did not get the hint.  

One day I was walking, praying and crying about the relationship.  I shouted "Show me God" once and for all (as if He had not already shown me).  I looked up to see something that I had never seen before. I have driven thousands of miles across this country. When I was in the Navy I would drive from Washington DC back to RI at least six times per year.  I never saw this.  When I looked up I gasped as I saw a semi-truck with the words boldly written across the side SEVERANCE!  


Severance is a moving company located in the North East.

  I got the hint that day. SEVER, MOVE ON!
I moved on and now I am happily married with a beautiful son.  


How has God spoken to you?


copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano



2 comments:

  1. God often has to whack me upside the head to get His point across. I'll hear the same message from multiple, independent sources - a friend, a song, a sermon, a news item, scripture. As I've matured in faith, I've come to recognize the Voice more quickly. There's an inner 'knowing' that comes from God.
    I'm glad you got the message and married the right guy. While you saw 'move on' in the moving truck, I see 'sever' - both strong messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Cathy, Severance was the big, in your face message to me. I found it funny that it was a moving truck. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete