Saturday, May 23, 2015

WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY

I am a wimp. Yes I admit it; a wimp when it comes to certain things in  life.  
It all happened after I turned 40. 
As a young girl I would love to ride the scariest roller coasters, investigate the darkest caves.  I was an adventurer.  Nothing scared me.
Now I get sick on the Ferris wheel.  I have no idea what happened.
My brave heart turned into a chicken heart; my once  iron stomach now flip flops on the tiniest roller coaster.
I long to be that young girl again when my son grabs my hand at the fair and says, "Mom lets go on the Tilt a Whirl" 
Good bye lunch.
There is one area in my life that grows bolder and stronger through the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride through life. 
My witness for Jesus.  He is the constant seat belt that keeps me secure when my life spins, turns upside down or travels through dark scary tunnels; the safety belt that rescued me from eternal death.  I must tell others.
"Just one Lord" is my daily prayer now. I will testify to anyone about my Savior.  
No I am not a hell fire and brim store preacher or a holier than thou follower.

My desire is that everyone know my Abba Father in heaven.

 I testify that He alone can change a heart of stone to a heart of flesh.  He alone gives strength to the weary.  He alone loves perfectly.  He alone can be the calm amidst any storm. He alone can change a persons outlook from hopeless to  hopeful.  He gives purpose and meaning to life.  

He has done this for me and can do it for anyone.
Why would I hold back such great news?

What can happen when you trust God and live boldly in the power of the Holy Spirit?

"Your Son saved my life" my friend whispered to me after Church service.  
A few days earlier we were at a Christmas Dinner together and my then 8 year old son ran up to her and gave her a big hug.  She held on tight. I had not introduced them so I was curious as to why he would do it.  My son loves to hug people but he will not do it unless he knows them.  
I deduced that it was because I was standing with her and-after all  it was Christmas .
"What do you mean my son saved your life?"
My friend shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Remember the party when your son ran up to me and hugged me?"
"Yes, is that the first time you met him?"   I wanted to find out how they knew each other.
Placing her hand on top of the table to steady herself she shared,
Image result for healing hugs quotes"Yes, that was the first time. My life is horrible, my own daughter and grandchildren don't want me around for Christmas, I am devastated.  I was seriously thinking of ending it all.  I did not want to live.  When your son hugged me I felt the love of Jesus. I knew I would be OK he truly saved my life"
I was speechless.  We hugged, cried and parted ways.
Driving home I asked my son if he had ever met my friend before.
"No mommy, I like her she is nice."
"So, Michael why did you run up and hug her, I know you don't hug people unless you know them?"
"Oh Mommy, God told me to do it!"


Through tears of joy the Lord reminded me of that wonderful day I took my sons hand and we prayed together.  My son accepted the free gift of eternal life at the age of five.
God used my own son to encourage me to be bold and obedient.
Are you a wimp when it comes to proclaiming the Good news?
Does your stomach do flip flops of fear when the Holy Spirit encourages you to testify?

You do not need to be a wimp any longer.
  
"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."  2 Timothy 1:7

I dare you to pray for opportunities to share the good news.
The apostle Paul prayed for that.
"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Colossians 4:3

Jesus is your security, your joy and your purpose for living.
He was not a wimp when He went to the cross.
Lets not be wimps; let's tell others to don the security belt and join us on this carnival ride we call life.








copyright 2015 Cherrilynn Bisbano



4 comments:

  1. Fun post! I too am a wimp for amusement park rides. I hold the gear while the rest of the family rides. I once screamed so loudly at Busch Gardens that the operator stopped the ride and let me off. But like you, my courage has grown in testifying for Jesus. I loved your words: I testify that He alone can change a heart of stone to a heart of flesh. He alone gives strength to the weary. He alone loves perfectly. He alone can be the calm amidst any storm. He alone can change a persons outlook from hopeless to hopeful. He gives purpose and meaning to life.
    GOD ALONE.
    I accept your dare and double dog dare you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing Cathy, I was screaming "Get me off this thing" while riding the Zipper, the ride attendant laughed and made the ride go faster. The others thanked me as I got off the ride..LAST. I accept your double dog dare. Lets share stores of Gods answer to prayer. All to His glory

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I found you because you commented on my Invitation to Imperfect Mom Confessional! I'd sure love to have you join us! Loved this story. Your little boy brought tears to my eyes. May we each be so quick to listen to God's voice, even when it might not be particularly comfortable for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God. Thank you for your encouragement. I will come join you. My son is in tune to the spirit. He amazes me. I am blessed to be his mom.

      Delete