Friday, August 28, 2015

DANCING ON HOLY GROUND.


Chills went down my spine the first time I heard the voice of God in the movie  The Ten Commandments.  
  "put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."

My 5 year old brain truly thought it was God.  
Charlton Heston did a great job.
I wanted to take my shoes off and obey, even if our household was far from serving God.

God saved my miserable soul 22 years later; I still get the chills when I see Moses bow down to God and take off his sandals. 
Of course my favorite Hymn is Holy Ground.
One Sunday morning, as a new believer,  I sang,"We are standing on Holy Ground..."  the Spirit convicted my heart. 
...If you believe this, why do you go out to clubs and dance while the guys ogle you? 

Ouch!  Was that God speaking to me?  Conviction set it.  The previous night, my sister and I went out to a dance club with friends.  I love to dance.  In fact, I have won contests for limbo, twist and free dancing.  What's wrong with dancing?

We left early because we felt uncomfortable.  
Now I know why.   

Wherever I go, God is with me.  His Spirit lives in me.

The more I prayed the more I realized...I am always standing on Holy Ground.





Every believer has the Holy Spirit

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,  Ephesians 1:13 ESV

God gave us His Spirit to help us walk in obedience and holiness.

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. Ezekiel 36:27 ESV

I desire to live a life that pleases the one who rescued me from the dominion of darkness.

I realized that it was not the dancing that displeased God (King David danced); it was the way I danced.  It provoked men to stumble. If I truly admit it, at that time I wanted the attention.
As I grow in the Lord I see how wrong I was. 

I still dance.  I do not go out to clubs.  I dance in my house and in the homes of family and friends.  
 My favorite place to dance is in my kitchen during the early morning when no one else is awake.  I raise my arms in praise and dance.  No award can measure up to dancing with Jesus.

I am thankful that God still convicts me in other areas of my life.

Image result for Holy ground
May I continue to remember that I am on Holy Ground, whether I am at the grocery store, movie theater, or in the community.

Where do you take Jesus?

Will you join me on
Holy Ground?
Let's praise Him together.




No comments:

Post a Comment